Wednesday 27 March 2013

When will it end?

Evening all! Movescount is back online so I'm back in business, although unfortunately I've got a poor week's trading to report:

Distance (miles)
Time (hh:mm)
Energy (kcals)
Since last post (18 Mar 2013) 13.1 03:36 2649
Since records began (27 Dec 2012) 262.3 73:36 46858

The figures are actually correct for the week to Monday, as I haven't done anything since then. Everything was going fine until Friday, but I was brought down by the dreaded lurgy over the weekend and didn't leave the house between coming back from the supermarket on Saturday lunchtime and taking Mrs W to the airport this evening.

The Czech equivalent of Lemsip has finally started having an effect and I've been feeling much better as today has worn on, so I'll probably go back to work tomorrow. I'm pretty keen to get out walking again immediately, but should I let sense prevail and give myself an extra day or two to get back to full fitness? [A dilemma which I put to all you seasoned walkers!] 

It's still winter here, and seemingly everywhere, and it doesn't show signs of improving much until the second week of April. I've never known anything like it. What I've seen from back home is unbelievable: my dad shared a few pictures and I must admit I did glance at the calendar to check it wasn't April 1 already.

Cronk y Voddy. Photo by Andrea Lace.
Dalby from Facebook Page 'Snow Storms - Isle of Man'
I really feel for the farmers who've lost livestock, but it's great to see how many people have rallied round to help. I saw that Manx folk band Barrule have offered up a track from their debut album (aptly 'The Sheep Under The Snow': the lyrics are eerily poignant) in exchange for a donation to the IOM Agricultural Benevolent Trust. Done!  It's a great track, too: you've got yourselves a new fan, lads! Please, give whatever you can afford: for more information click here.

Thanks for reading and enjoy the Easter break!

No comments:

Post a Comment